Please click here to download as a PDF

Executive Committee Meeting                                         October 25th, 2016

Minutes

 

  1. Attendees: Karen Braithwaite, Grant Douglas, Annette Gurr, Jim Hart, Isobel Hendry, Sarah Holmes, Alister Laing, Fiona Laing, Sheena Ledingham, Liam O’Loughlin, Robbie Walker: Guest: Councillor Fiona Murdoch
  2. Apologies: None
  3. Approval of Previous Minutes (September 26th,2016): App.- Sheena, Sec.- Grant
  4. Matters arising

 

4a. Appointment of responsibilities
i.    Treasurer Active efforts will be pursued to recruit a new Treasurer. In the short term, Steve Oliver will maintain an oversight role if daily tasks can be undertaken within the village and communicated to him and/or the bank.

 

ii.  Pellet boiler Alister to follow up with Alan Gall

 

Alister
iii. Outstanding funds Alister has £415, from last pub night and will collect “lottery” funds from the PO and then bank them.

 

 

Alister

iv.  Water rates Outstanding final bill of £129.60 paid from Jim’s personal account. To be refunded by Scottish Water when rates exception letter received.

 

Jim
v.   Hall keys Robbie will distribute these to relevant groups

 

Robbie
vi.  Hall Bookings Bookings can be accepted, communicated to and lodged on the AVC diary by Robbie and/or Fiona. Fiona will be the principal hall booking contact. Robbie should have pro-forma invoice from Steve. Fiona will in future issue Pro-forma invoice and distribute it to all those who let the hall.

Sarah will investigate the use of Paypal for hall leasing payments. Payments should also be possible by BACS.

 

Robbie

 

Fiona

 

 

Sarah

vii.   Hall Maintenance Alister to follow up with Alan Gall Alister
viii.  Hall “Clean-up crew” This will be organised in association with each function. Fiona

 

4b. Stage area and Shelving Storage of the large matting for the gym group is no longer required, therefore reduction of the stage surface not needed. Third section of shelving will be erected soonest. Alcohol trolley will be installed this week.

 

Robbie

 

Alister

Grant

4c. Vestibule heating Complete
4d. Kitchen & Toilets upgrade Awaiting plans and costs from Alan Gall. Fiona will distribute copies of the second design layout for the kitchen. Fiona
4e. Kitchen hygiene training Options exist for training with Linda Davidson – unit costs reduced with increased numbers. TMC sites to be checked for free sessions. Jim
4e. Newsletter The next edition is planned to be published mid-late November. To include details of the Christmas functions. Articles to be with Sheena by mid-November Sheena

 

  1. Project Planning:

 

Wine, Gin and Cheese tasting Postponed until February

Tesco voucher for £40 is available for product

 
December 3 Lights switch on and Craft Fayre Craft fayre from 4-6pm. Hall will be made acceptable for Light switch on in the evening.

Residents to assemble at hotel. Isobel to obtain mince pies and approach hotel to provide mulled wine,

John Thomson to be approached by Alister for brazier. Lights in the square to be checked – new lights can be sourced from “Lights 4 Fun”

https://www.lights4fun.co.uk/

 

 

Isobel

 

Alister

Grant, Robbie, Alister

December 11 Seniors Lunch Fiona to coordinate invites Fiona
December 18 Children’s party Isobel to coordinate gifts and invites Isobel

 

  1. Treasurer’s Report: See Annual report prepared for AGM

 

  1. Correspondence: All correspondence received electronically has been circulated

 

  1. AOB
8a. Bar training Alister will check and advise about the requirements for, and availability of, training for casual bar staff Alister